Introduction to A+
In May of 1997, Gideon High School
was designated as one of the first A+ Schools in the state.
This designation means that those graduates of Gideon High School who
meet the specific requirements are eligible for a two-year grant to a
Missouri Junior College or postsecondary school. The grant
will pay for tuition.
August 28, 2010, oversight of the A+ program will be transferred from
the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education to the Missouri
Department of Higher Education (MDHE). MDHE is now
postsecondary scholarship component of the A+ program.
enroll in the program you must have a signed A+ Agreement on file.
You can download the correct agreement below and return the
completed agreement to the high school counselor or high school
Agreement for students graduating before 2015
Agreement for students graduating 2015 and after
- Be a U.S. citizen, eligible non-citizen or lawfully present
in the U.S.
- Enter into a written agreement with your high school prior
- Attend a designated A+ high school for 3 consecutive years
prior to graduation.1
- Graduate with an overall grade point average of 2.5 or
higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Have at least a 95% attendance record overall for grades
- Perform at least 50 hours of unpaid tutoring or mentoring,
of which up to 25% may include job shadowing.
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the
unlawful use of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Beginning with the high school senior class of 2015, have
achieved a score of proficient or advanced on the Algebra I end of
Where Can I Use the A+ Scholarship?
general, you can use your A+ Scholarchip at a Missouri 2 year Community
College and approved Vocational Technical Schools. The Missouri
Department of Higher Educaton maintains a list of eligible
A+ Community Colleges and Vocational Technical Schools
For more information about about
our A+ Schools program contact the High School Office